Ok guys I have already seen some chatter about the next group... Like watch your DX Bulleting.... Who has the straight poop.

Rod WC7N

----- Original Message ----- From: "harris_ruben" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "dx-chat List" <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2006 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] KH8SI

At 6:35 PM -0400 7/30/06, Peter Dougherty wrote:
100W, a modest wire, patience, skill and a few handfuls of sunspots are all that's needed to get one's country count well into the mid-upper 200s.

Maybe. I have a Hy-Gain DB-1217 at 60' on 17, my favorite band, an Explorer-14 at 50', plus an AL 1500 behind it. I worked The Montenegro easiest on 40 CW with 100W to a rotatable dipole, and I can barely just copy my call and get a reply back on CW.

At my vacation home I have a 17M kind-of-inverted-vee and could hear swain's well enough to copy. Barefoot here, I didn't even try to call when I listened to the big guns up 5 to 10 -- especially the 6's. I know -- that's how I sound to THEM with MY KW when they first tried to work Montenegro.

I suspect there will be many more trips to KH8 Swain's and I won't be missing it for long.

It's a game that I enjoy and these additions got me back on the air after a year and a half of almost no activity.

N2ERN
--

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however a large