I always get my year's supply of new $1 bills right after Thanksgiving, because most banks lay in a supply then for their customers who ask for them to include in Holiday cards to kids, etc. 73, Jerry K3BZ

73, Jerry K3BZ
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ron Notarius W3WN" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Friday, October 06, 2006 11:56 AM
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] IRC's For Sale

Bob's post on about-to-expire IRC's just got me thinking...

How do QSL managers handle incoming IRC's & GS's?

In other words, when I send a manager an envelope containing a request, is it opened right away and any cash or IRC's removed (and duly noted, of course), or are the $$ etc. left in place until the actual processing of the requested QSL card?

I know this may sound like a "dumb" question -- and yes, I know every manager has their own way of doing things, so YMMV & VWPBL(STn) -- but the upcoming expiration date on the 1st Generation "New" IRC's makes me wonder. I don't want to put Bob (or another QSL manager) to the trouble and bother of selling & sending me IRC's if, by the time the receiving QSL Manager gets his hands on them to exchange for postage, they will have already expired.

OTOH, it beats arguing with the local bank branch about needing more than 1 or 2 $2 bills at a time... or at least crisp $1 bills... especially when sending to a manager that wants 2 IRC's or US$3 for postage due to currency exchange fluctuations... (you wouldn't believe how many teller lectures I've gotten over the years on the dangers of sending cash through the mail. *sigh*)

Thoughts?

73, ron w3wn