How do you lose a tower?

Seriously?

My local club, the Wireless Association of South Hills, has spent the last
18 months plus raising funds to purchase a mobile tower (see www.n3sh.org
for details).  When we had enough funds for the tower itself, it was paid
for and ordered from Tashjian Towers (formerly Tri-Ex).  Tower and base
mount were assembled, tested, and shipped, due to arrive today.

The person who has been organizing the project, Randy N3ZK, had arranged for
the tower to be delivered to his workplace so that there would be enough
people to unload the tower properly -- and sign for it too.

So, Randy gets a call from his warehouse people, telling him that Roadway
had come and gone... no tower.  He starts making calls.  The official word:
They lost it.

He called Tash Towers, talked to their shipping people.  First words they
said:  "They lost it?  How could they lose a tower?"

All I can say is, Roadway had better find that tower -- or get on the horn
to their insurance people.    Meanwhile, I may have to have a word with one
of the newest members of the club... who recently passed the bar and is now
an attorney...

How can you lose a tower?  I'm just flabbergasted!