Here's the 'official' word on what happened with Roadway Express... must be
run by former FCC personnel...

"I am happy to say that the Tilt-Over Section and base plate of the tower
made it to Pittsburgh in 1 piece. However, the tower is nowhere to be found.
While on its way from California to Pittsburgh, it appears that the two
packages somehow got separated. How you ask? I have no idea and neither does
Roadway Express. It seems that the 12 foot X 36” X 24” CRATE got lost.
Roadway tells me that it never made it to Akron or Pittsburgh; the last 2
stops it made.

Anyways, Roadway is looking for the crate with our tower in it and Tashjian
Towers has filed a missing cargo claim, just incase they have to build us a
new one. Thank Goodness for Shipping Insurance!! I have made all the
necessary phone calls to the shipping company and the manufacturer to ensure
we get what we paid for.

If it is truly lost, Roadway will pay Tashjian Towers and they will build us
a new one. I know that is not what I or you all wanted to hear, but at least
our investment is protected."  -- de Randy N3ZK

Well, at least we'll still have our tower, it will just take longer than we
thought.  Would have been very nice to have it in time for our hamfest on
February 25th, but unless it shows up pretty soon, I wouldn't expect to get
the replacement tower in time.  (And that's assuming that they not only find
it but find it in good condition... I'm beginning to wonder if it's sitting
in pieces in a warehouse or transfer facility somewhere because some putz
running the forklift dropped it, or something like that!)

I've heard privately from a few of you that this may actually not be that
uncommon with Roadway Express... they seem to have a reputation for losing
things or not delivering them, and finding creative excuses to blame someone
else.  Still, this is ridiculous.  And I also hope that if Roadway Express
does have to pay to replace the tower, Tashjian Towers uses another carrier
to ship it.  And if it costs more, that's OK -- Roadway can pay for it!

Sorry if I'm venting a little guys, but I'm steamed.  Randy worked his butt
off, literally, to get this project moving; he's personally invested a
significant amount of time in creating the wooden callsign plaques that have
helped fund it, and personally arranged for two of our big corporate
donations.  He could have walked away with his hands thrown up in the air in
disgust, but he stuck to it, fought for it, SUCCEEDED... and now this?

73