This might be appropriate if it was true.

Please show one published poll in QST where the membership was polled and the results mandated ARRL to get rid of, or minimize the code test.

Answer: (there were none)

There were multiple polls both on-line and otherwise, that showed exactly the opposite. I had this exchange about 3 years ago with Mr Haynie, who also could only produce membership polls that showed strong support for retaining the code test.

Likewise the recent proposal to micromanage band allocation by mode/bandwidth. It was NOT supported by the membership, or anyone else other than the WinLink folks, yet it had the strong support of the ARRL.

John K5MO

My point is that ARRL CHANGED, because the consensus of its members
changed.