I'll echo that! John, K5MO(and all you other league haters), please take a reasonable amount of time to sit and think of anything you can that is positive about ARRL. If you can't find anything you are likely among those who just like to bitch about ARRL, and don't know why.

I can tell you for sure that back around 1991, they literally saved my butt through the volunteer counsel program. I had an excellent attorney, Jim Hayne himself attended the legal proceedings, and the folks who sued me over my antenna walked away with their tail between their legs. It didn't cost me one red cent.

73,
Mike, W5UC

At 10:05 PM 3/14/2007, you wrote:
Double BRAVO!! The ARRL may not always be right about everything, but it has done more to promote and sustain ham radio than any other organization...

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ragnar Otterstad" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <dx-chat@njdxa.org>
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2007 6:35 PM
Subject: RE: [DX-CHAT] The ARRL

BRAVO !!

73  Rag  LA5HE , ARRL life member

My point is that ARRL CHANGED, because the consensus of its members
changed. The ARRL is not "them", it's "us"! If you don't like the
positions taken by your board member, tell him or her, and be
prepared to stand for election next time to see if your views get
accepted.

But despite its imperfections, ARRL represents amateur
radio worldwide (not just in the USA) better than any other
organization, including IARU.

I disagree here !

A particular point of criticism seems to be the DXCC branch, and the
way it deals with DXpeditions and potential new DXCC Entities. As a
member of the DX Advisory Committee, I'd agree that some of the
executive decisions appear on occasion to be arbitrary (7O1YGF, BS7H,
etc).

Remember, this is only a  game !!!

But for better or worse there are some key threads which
explain most of them: Take the long-term view; Support governments
and national amateur radio organizations; And above all try not to
risk the integrity of the #1 award in ham radio (memories of Romeo
still hurt!).

So, when you bash ARRL and especially DXCC, expect me to tune out folks.

73, John, NT5C.