From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Mike(W5UC) &
Kathy(K5MWH)
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; DX Chat Reflector
Subject: Re: [DX-CHAT] Coax

At 05:57 PM 4/12/2007, Ron Notarius W3WN wrote:
>Any suggestions on where to get good coax at a reasonable price without
>waiting 5 weeks for Dayton?
>
>Preferably Beagle-proof?

HMMMM, this sounds familiar.  It seems that only roughly a month ago
I decided I had had enough.  My rotor indicator had quit working, the
30 meter yagi feedline was shorted, and the 18 mHz antenna had a very
high SWR.  Lucifur?  Uhhhh, no; &^$%$#@ squirrels!  So with an
adequate supply of LMR400 at hand we/I decided that the little
buggers had chewed up my coax & rotor cable for the last time, and it
was off to Lowe's.  Long story short, the transmission lines (except
the heliax) and rotor cable now go from the shack wall up the tower
inside a nice 110 foot run of 1.5" schedule 40 PVC pipe. You might
give it some consideration.

73,
Mike, W5UC

"age & treachery will overcome youth & skill"
http://www.suddenlink.net/pages/w5uc/