Let me attempt the lonely and dangerous task of defending Herik FR5DX/FR0FLO!

Back around 1990 I had just started chasing low-band SSB DX. I worked Herik as FR0FLO on both 40SSB and 75SSB, and obviously needed his card for both new band-countries and band-zones. Knowing his reputation, I decided to bribe him - but not with money.

I had heard him say he was looking for a new rig, so I airmailed with my QSL the latest Kenwood, ICOM and Yaesu HF brochures, plus return cost in FF to simplify his life. Cards came back airmail with a very nice letter in 10 days.

QSLers need to be innovative. (My best was a complaint to an operator's mother - it worked).

John, NT5C.