  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Charles Harpole
  Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 5:20 PM
  To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
  Subject: [DX-CHAT] 'tis the season

  To Western hams, mostly....  Please remember it is most polite to offer a
"seasons greetings" or "happy holidays" to those not of the Christian faiths
(instead of "Merry Christmas" for example).  Receivers of the mis-directed
"merry christmases"--most will forgive the senders' misplaced earnestness
but the implied arrogance and cultural insensitivity still remains to taint
in a small way an otherwise happy season.
  Thanks for your understanding of individual differences.

  And, no "happy fourth of July" to a Brit, pse.   73,

  Charles Harpole
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]