Charles (and other PC-types), maybe, instead, it would be best for each of us to wish our fellow hams -- and or fellow man for that matter -- something blessed and peaceful that we feel deep in our own hearts. If the ham on the other end of the circuit feels animosity towards me for being wished Merry (or Happy) Christmas on a day we hold near and dear, that doesn't say much for him, IMHO, and if that's the case, do I really want him in my log?

Wish me a Merry Christmas, happy Chanukah, joyous Kwanzaa or bid me a merry winter solstice...I'll not take offence at any, nor will I think less of you for doing so.

And while I'm at it and on the subject of the 4th of July, God Bless America and keep her men and women in combat safe.

At 05:50 PM 12/14/2007, you wrote:
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL !!
AND HAPPY 4TH JULY AS WELL :-))

---- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>Charles Harpole
To: <mailto:dx-chat@njdxa.org>dx-chat@njdxa.org
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2007 10:19 PM
Subject: [DX-CHAT] 'tis the season
To Western hams, mostly.... Please remember it is most polite to offer a "seasons greetings" or "happy holidays" to those not of the Christian faiths (instead of "Merry Christmas" for example). Receivers of the mis-directed "merry christmases"--most will forgive the senders' misplaced earnestness but the implied arrogance and cultural insensitivity still remains to taint in a small way an otherwise happy season.
Thanks for your understanding of individual differences.

And, no "happy fourth of July" to a Brit, pse.   73,
Charles Harpole
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Cheers,

Peter,