I'm an old ham, but new to DX-Chat.
There seems to be an implication that people on DXpeditions have to follow some
sort of unwritten rules?
It seems to me that if they have spent a bunch of their money, perhaps with
some backers too, they can operate any way THEY think is best for them, not us.
 If I were out there I would be turned off by pileup behavior and I would use
any means possible to smooth things out!  If thgey can cut the pileup down by
90% by using numbers or prefixes, they will make contacts much faster!
Wilson
W4BOH