I would say that at the moment, NA and EU contain the largest concentrations
of active DX'ers.  And when considering that the last two Pacific
DXpeditions -- specifically, VP6DX Ducie and TX5C Clipperton -- basically
had to shoot OVER NA to get to EU, AF & AS... directional CQ's become a
little more understandable.

Is it entirely, 100% fair?  No.  But what is?

There are many other factors involved than the ones Charles cites.  TX5C,
for one, stated that there would be a concentration on EU because of demand.
I'm sure I'm not the only DX'er who sat in front of the radio, early to late
evenings, hearing TX5C booming 599+40 on 80 & 40 meter CW, but unable to
call because of those two simple letters, "EU."

But, so what?  The bottom line is, as always, that the DXpedition fronts the
funds, does the dirty work, arranges the shipping and transportation -- in
short, takes the risks -- and as such, determines who how & where they will
call.  That's the way the "game" is played.

To be honest, I'm not going to sit here and gripe about the TX5C gang.
Sure, I'd love to have worked them on more than one band, but I'm happy that
I finally got them late Friday night on 30 -- and I almost missed that
chance, too (no, the dog didn't eat my coax -- again.  But I did have to
take the wife in to the ER due to bronchitis; if they'd had to admit her,
instead of sending her home to recover...).  In many ways, this DXpedition
was snake-bit, especially weather wise.  To do as well as they did, with the
weather-related delays and disasters they had to deal with, is commendable
to them.  To second guess their (or anyone else's) decisions on who to work
and such is very close to being uncalled for.

And frankly, I think if there were some penalties for the chronic morons who
constantly call out of turn, on top of other people, on top of the DX, and
call call call... a few of them might learn.  Not many, but a few.  And it's
the chronic morons we have to worry about, along with the UP police and the
like... not those who inadvertently make a mistake or give in to a moment's
frustration.  I've never heard of anyone guilty of a momentary lapse being
put on a "secret" naughty list... though I wish a few of the chronics might
make them!

73