From: Ron Notarius W3WN <wn3...@verizon.net>
Subject: [DX-CHAT] Dissed by Infoworld?
To: dx-chat@njdxa.org
Cc: w1...@arrl.org
Date: Monday, 29 December, 2008, 7:59 PM

Nice little article on Infoworld's site today, about the 10 most under-reported
tech stories of 2008.

Of interest to us is #6:  BPL is Back from the Dead  (see
http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/12/29/53FE-tech-underreported-powerline_1.html
 )

Of note in the article is this paragraph:

"And another recent innovation, called notching, lets the chips switch
frequencies when meeting interference. This upgrade should quiet the fears of
ham radio operators (who amazingly enough have still have significant clout)
and others that BPL will cause problems for various radio services, says Ray
Blair, IBM's head of advanced networking. "

"Who amazingly enough have still have significant clout" ???

Never mind the bad English (don't they employ editors anymore?  or proof
readers?).  I'm not sure if we should take that as an insult or a compliment.
What do you think?