From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of STU
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2002 11:05 PM
To: DX4WIN POSTINGS
Subject: [Dx4win] Staying Connected to TELNET

Is there anyone out there that has a hard time staying connected to TELNET.
I have a high speed cable connection that works great for the Internet. No
problems!
When connecting to a DX cluster via TELNET (with DX4WIN) and the activity is
somewhat slow, I seem to get disconnected. During peak times such as
contests I stay connected just fine. I understand there is a so called "keep
alive" option either in DX4WIN or some other outside source. The idea is to
keep the traffic moving. If windows isn't seeing any traffic from you, (some
ISP's as well.) disconnect you so others can use the IP you were on. Is
there a setting in DX4WIN using the TCP/IP setting with this so called "keep
alive" feature? Please advise. TNX, 73 STU

Please respond to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]