Radi,
I read somewhere that the French Government has some French located
ISP's block some non-French written web sites from the French people.
  Is that true?  Could that be your problem?
Good luck solving the problem.
73

Radivoj KAR wrote:

> Hi,
> Thanks to all sending me info on accessibility on their end. I tried to
> connect using my old PSTN ISP account and wonder: over this provider I can
> access the site.
> But, it still remains inaccessible via my hi speed cable ISP (UPC). This
> happens after I have replaced old 512kbps cable modem with a new 2048 kbps
> modem they sent me a week ago.
>
> Is it some inhibition of the access string by the modem because it is
> similar to some command in a new modem, is it possible that ISP filters
> access to the site, or something happens in my Windows2000PRO/Explorer v.6
> related to the selection of DX4WIN site via this ISP?
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> 73,
> Radi F6GNZ

Alan Zack
Amateur Radio Station K7ACZ
Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
Quality Engineer, The Boeing Company, Retired
SEMPER PARATUS
http://gocoastguard.com
DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY