John,
  No need to waste a sheet of labels. Just put whatever is left back
into the printer and tell DX4Win how many labels are missing. It will
pick up in the correct spot and be merrily on its way. I can't imagine
5160 (or equiv) labels being more expensive than thermal labels.

Mike / W8DN

*********

John Unger wrote:
> I guess that I might be interested in a label printer because it seems
> that I frequently am printing our less than ~30 labels and don't like
> to waste part of a sheet of 5160 labels. The sheet labels are pretty
> expensive, too.
>
> Also, it looks like it would be very handy for addressing packages, etc.
>
> Related question: I know some on the reflector use the Dyno 400 label
> printer, but does Dx4win support any printer or label maker that you
> can connect to your computer with its custom label design?
>
> tnx es 73 - John, W4AU
>

> At 01:21 PM 3/24/2007, Mike Rhodes wrote:
>
>> Would it be better to buy an inexpensive inkjet or laser printer and
>> dedicate it to sheet labels? Things are surely different in PY land
>> but here there are laser printers often on sale for $50 to $75 US and
>> when the toner cartridge goes dry it is cheaper to replace the whole
>> printer. Inkjet printers can be purchased for $25 US. Of course it
>> takes up more shelf space but the price may be right.
>>
>> Mike / W8DN
>>
>> ***************
>>
>> py2yp wrote:
>>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> So far I have received only 3 answers about the label printer question:
>>>
>>> I'm intending to buy a label printer, something like a Dymo 400 or a
>>> Brother
>>> QL-500. As far as I know those printers do use thermal print
>>> technology.
>>>
>>> The questions are:
>>>
>>> Do the label fade away after some time?
>>>
>>> Do I need to order some kind of refill? I mean, any kind of tape or
>>> something like that?
>>>
>>> Any impression will be very much welcome.

>  No need to waste a sheet of labels. Just put whatever is left back
> into the printer and tell DX4Win how many labels are missing. It will
> pick up in the correct spot and be merrily on its way. I can't imagine
> 5160 (or equiv) labels being more expensive than thermal labels.
>
> Mike / W8DN

I've found my old HP 712c inkjet will print very well on the back of the
QSL card!
I've almost quit using expensive labels.

73, Roger

--
Remember the USS Liberty (AGTR-5)
http://ussliberty.org/