My preferences under the radio tab are as follows. (It is what they have
been for years)

Type: ICOM 756 PRO III
Address: 6E
Baud: 9600
Both the "default" boxes are checked. Though this has no effect on operation
Com port settings are correct. Radio 1 is com 3, radio 2 is com 7.
Poll rate is currently at 5000ms. I usually keep it at 1000ms though.
Max tries is 5
DTR is set to high.
Transverter offset is 0 Band none

Other than the COM settings, I have both radios set the same for ease of
operation between programs and has worked flawlessly for several years.

Kirk