From: dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net [mailto:dx4win-boun...@mailman.qth.net]
On Behalf Of Jim Reisert AD1C
Sent: Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:29 PM
To: k7...@cox.net
Cc: DX4WIN Group
Subject: Re: [Dx4win] DX4WIN Data Updater

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 3:14 PM, ALAN ZACK <k7...@cox.net> wrote:

> This QSL Manager data file saving old data and merging is not
> mentioned in the instructions for using the DATA UPDATER program. It
> is something I remember from the old method of updating CTY files as
> on http://www.country-files.com/dx4win/index.htm.

It is not, and can not be supported.  The updater over-writes your existing
country file, which contains the QSL managers.  You would have to export the
QSL managers before the update (and only DX4WIN can do that), update, then
import them into the new country file.  There is no way for the updater to
"call" DX4WIN to do the export and import.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreis...@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us