Hi Ed,

The behavior I have noticed when clicking on spots, unless FT8 is noted in the
"Remarks"
field in the DX Cluster window,

Example:  DX de F4GAJ:      7074.0  K0UA         FT8 TU QSO...

the mode will revert to SSB, as DX4WIN will read the mode from the radio.  You
will have to manually change the mode after saving the QSO.

73,
Wes, W3SE / ZL3TE