> The point I was emphasizing was that it appears that someone is bailing in
> bars, into the GoldMoney system, other than FideliTrade, which seems to have
> given up.

FideliTrade is no longer listed as a cambio on GoldMoney's site. Doesn't
it seem a little odd that GoldMoney's only original exchange provider has
stopped providing that service after only 6 months?

On the matter of exchange fees...

The main reasons for an avg. 5% fee have very little, if anything, to do
with the inabillity to bail in bars? (right?)

Large amounts (10's of kg) of e-gold can be obtained without ever
bothering with bailing in metal bars. Merchants receive e-gold without
paying more than a 1% fee (while paying much larger fees to receive
national currency with credit cards). They then, usually, must exchange
said e-gold for their national currency. It is therefore possible for
exchange providers to inexpensively obtain large amounts of e-gold without
bailing in bars.

Viking Coder