On 26 Aug 2001, at 22:14, Viking Coder wrote:

> FideliTrade is no longer listed as a cambio on GoldMoney's site.
> Doesn't it seem a little odd that GoldMoney's only original exchange
> provider has stopped providing that service after only 6 months?

Nothing odd there. They just were not ready to wait more than 6
months for the product to get into high gear. GoldMoney has yet to
start major marketing as they are still tuning their system, and this
was probably not to Fidelitrade liking.

> On the matter of exchange fees...
> The main reasons for an avg. 5% fee have very little, if anything, to
> do with the inabillity to bail in bars? (right?)

I'd say that the average is more than 5% for retail. For sure, with users
willing to pay 7%-15% to obtain e-gold, fees may stay high for a
longtime. But there should be no doubt that the ability to bail bars
will help bring down the rates..

> Large amounts (10's of kg) of e-gold can be obtained without ever
> bothering with bailing in metal bars. Merchants receive e-gold without
> paying more than a 1% fee

Which merchants ?

> It is therefore possible for exchange providers to inexpensively obtain large amounts
> of e-gold without bailing in bars.

I would like some names.

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.