>> > Large amounts (10's of kg) of e-gold can be obtained without ever
>> > bothering with bailing in metal bars. Merchants receive e-gold without
>> > paying more than a 1% fee
>>
>> Which merchants ?
>
>Any merchant who accepts e-gold.  ...  *Currently* there aren't that
>many large merchants

"aren't any", I suppose.

>However, this will change with time.

I guess so.

In the meantime, GoldMoney has tremendously LESS activity than
e-gold, but GoldMoney is available (in bar sizes) for spot, today,
whereas e-gold is only available at 2-4 percent (in bar sizes) today.

It is whacky to try to argue that this is not a HUGE advantage for GoldMoney.

GoldMoney 1, e-gold 0, on the bailing-in-bars front.  It's a no brainer.

I'm the biggest fan of e-gold, but GoldMoney have spanked e-gold on
this particular issue...

I have no idea if it will prove to be a "critical" advantage for GoldMoney.

>~30%/month growth

(One point .. note that all growth in any DGC comes from bailed in
bars.  Even if the buy-back trade is 10,000,000 billion per day, the
DGC in question has stopped growing unless bars are being bailed in
... at 2-4% for e-gold, or 0% for GM.  LOGICALLY, when growth rates
are very high, even if there were any large merchants, it all has to
come from bailing-in.)

Did you know that e-gold Ltd. stores more gold on behalf of customers
than many countries? See http://www.gold.org/Gra/Gra1.htm and the
e-gold Examiner at http://www.e-gold.com/examiner.html for details.