>> If you lookup IIS on gartner.com you'll be amazed at their raving at the
>> insecurity of this product.  If you want to enter the world of irrevocable
>> password-based payments, you may want to think twice before using IIS.

>Unfortunately, that is what e-gold uses! I really wish they switched to
>Unix and Apache.

ASP is just great. There is a common misconception that a Linux Apache server is
better / more secure. This is not the case. As with all OS's you need to keep on top
of security issues. Since most NT / IIS admins do not (look at the code red worm) do
this it LOOKS like it is more dangerous to run IIS. There have been some serious bugs
in Apache / Linux / SSH in the past as well... It is not a matter of more secure or
not, just a matter of keeping on top of the fixes. I know, I do this for a big
european bank. :-)

I want to build my e-gold SCI in ASP because I will be able to easily intergrate it
into the backoffice. This is a big plus and you see that this is also the reason most
banks prefer to go the Microsoft way.

If e-gold keeps up with it's security patches and the servers are properly firewalled
the risk is minimal and comparable to a Linux system running apache.

Since I am not a C++ programmer I also find the source code of an ASP page (=
VBscript) a lot easier to read then Perl / Php wich is more close to C++ then basic.
:-)

Thank you all for the answers on this list and in my private email, as soon as I've
created something cool I'll share it here.

CU L8r!
       /\/\artijn [EMAIL PROTECTED]