Hi,

I am using  the e-puck 1176 (VGA camera 480x640 - rotated camera).

I am capturing some full (480 pixels) horizontal lines (1 to 8 lines)
applying the zoom factor of 1, 2, 4 and 8 (on the x component which in this
epuck camera is the vertical component).

I assume that if I am capturing 4 horizontal lines with zoom 2 its the same
of capturing 8 lines with zoom 1 (and so one). The zoom just does the line
averaging within groups of 2 lines.

When I capture the images I am using a timer (TIMER1) to quantify the
capture duration.

After my experiments from capturing 1 - 8 lines with zoom 1,2,4,8 I have
concluded that the capture time is approximatly constant (between 350 and
450), no matter the number of lines we take and the zoom we do.

I have also witnessed a large Jitter between frame captures (the standard
deviation of the frame capture times is arround 150ms!).

I was expecting a rise of time when I extracted more lines and no Jitter
should exist. Could someone tell me what I could be the cause of this
behaviour (expecially the Jitter behaviour).

Regards,
Duarte Dias