Hi all,

It took a little longer, but I think I now have a fully functional
generateEasyConfig.R script that is ready for distribution; "It works on our
clusters" :)... I've requested access to

        https://github.com/fgeorgatos/easybuild.experimental

by creating an "issue" as per instructions in the README.md, but it looks like
Fotis Georgatos is on holiday... For now I forked the repo and published the
generator here:

https://github.com/pneerincx/easybuild.experimental/blob/master/users/pneerincx/generateEasyConfig.R

DISCLAIMER 1: The generated easyconfig will contain any packages you had
installed and which are available from CRAN or BioConductor repo's.
              If you have R packages from elsewhere you may have to tweak the
generator.

DISCLAIMER 2: The generator assumes you will want an R with graphics
capabilities for plotting. Therefore it includes dependencies on easyconfigs
for various libs.
              For libpng-1.6.17 and freetype-2.6 I had to create new
easyconfigs and patches as these libs contain bugs and some R packages fail to
compile with the plain vanilla libs.
              I'll create a pull request for these new easyconfigs, but it will
take some time before these are available from the latest and greatest
EasyBuild release...

Cheers,

Pi