FWIW, if you are interested in R --with-x=yes, then
see:

http://www.siliconslick.com/easybuild/ebfiles_repo_cleaned/ada/R/R-3.2.0-intel-2015B-default-mt.eb

and supporting packages:

  http://www.siliconslick.com/easybuild/ebfiles_repo_cleaned/ada/

slick ( off to http://www.Quakecon.org )

On 07/23/2015 06:37 AM, Pieter Neerincx wrote:
Hi Fotis,

On Jul 23, 2015, at 4:20 AM, Fotis Georgatos <fo...@mail.cern.ch> wrote:

Hi Pieter,

On Jul 22, 2015, at 3:42 PM, Pieter Neerincx <pieter.neeri...@gmail.com> wrote:
        https://github.com/fgeorgatos/easybuild.experimental

by creating an "issue" as per instructions in the README.md, but it looks like
Fotis Georgatos is on holiday... For now I forked the repo and
No holidays here :) I’ve replied to that but it seems it went unnoticed:
https://github.com/fgeorgatos/easybuild.experimental/issues/11
Aha, check I missed that.

published the generator here:

https://github.com/pneerincx/easybuild.experimental/blob/master/users/pneerincx/generateEasyConfig.R
No problem, just push your branch back to the original experimental repo; we do
no PRs there at all, one less hop ;-)

DISCLAIMER 1: The generated easyconfig will contain any packages you had
installed and which are available from CRAN or BioConductor repo's.
             If you have R packages from elsewhere you may have to tweak the
generator.

DISCLAIMER 2: The generator assumes you will want an R with graphics
capabilities for plotting. Therefore it includes dependencies on easyconfigs
for various libs.
             For libpng-1.6.17 and freetype-2.6 I had to create new easyconfigs
and patches as these libs contain bugs and some R packages fail to compile with
the plain vanilla libs.
             I'll create a pull request for these new easyconfigs, but it will
take some time before these are available from the latest and greatest
EasyBuild release…
Can you please share those in the experimental repo?
Stefano was looking into this issue with png just last week.
I've added a README.md, some *.eb dependencies including libpng-1.6.17 and
freetype-2.6 and their patches. See:

https://github.com/pneerincx/easybuild.experimental/tree/master/users/pneerincx

I'll push back to the original experimental repo in a few hours when I'm back
from a meeting....

Cheers,

Pi

F.

--
echo "sysadmin know better bash than english" | sed s/min/mins/ \
  | sed 's/better bash/bash better/' # signal detected in a CERN forum

phone: +31 6 143 66 783
e-mail: pieter.neeri...@gmail.com
skype:  pieter.online