The downside is that this is an "all or nothing" approach.  For
example, you may want to hide the M4/flex/Bison on the dummy
level used for bootstrapping, but expose the same packages on
the GCCcore level.  No way to do this with 'hide-deps', AFAIK...

Markus

--
Dr. Markus Geimer
Juelich Supercomputing Centre