A quick Google suggests that this would would be a good
idea to make CMake happy for a number of things.

I'll upvote/second the motion.

jack

On 08/11/2016 04:49 AM, Joachim Hein wrote:
Hi,

I had a user complaining that the easybuild generated Boost modules do not set
a BOOST_ROOT env variable.  Having done a bit of research, it seems that this
is quite common (standard?) thing to have and many set-ups expect this.  They
figured themselves by

export BOOST_ROOT=$EBROOTBOOST

Could there be an updated to have EB creating modules which do that
out-of-the-box?  If I am lucky, a change in boost.py easyblock would fix that
for all.  Otherwise, updating the easyconfigs for the latest version(s) should
suffice.

Thanks
   Joachim