Hi all,

I'm a little curious if you guys actually use the toolchain or does CUDA just
act as a dependency. What I mean is, do you leverage the functionality
(cuda_gencode toolchainopt, CUDA_CFLAGS,...) provided by the toolchain in
easyconfigs/easyblocks? We decided in the end not to use the CUDA toolchains at
the compiler level because they cause a split in a hierarchical naming scheme,
instead our toolchain hierarchy goes like:
compiler -> compiler + mpi + cuda -> compiler + mpi + cuda + math

For us this works because if you are compiling code with CUDA and MPI then
you're probaly interested in a CUDA-aware mpi so the grouping makes sense. You
can still use CUDA with other MPIs since the module sits at the compiler level
(it just won't be part of the toolchain, just a simple dep). This approach
means you get less splitting in a module hierarchy.

On 24 August 2016 at 19:03, Maxime Boissonneault