Hi,

One of my users needs to load both python2 and python3 modules together so
I tried to install a custom python3 module named Python3. The main
modification I did in the easyconfig are:

easyblock = 'EB_Python'
name = 'Python3'
sources = ['Python-%(version)s.tgz']

The main installation of python3 works ok but in the extensions part I have
a weird problem when building numpy

"gcc: error: unrecognized command line option ‘-fstack-protector-strong’"
"cmd "/bin/python2 setup.py config" exited with exitcode 1 and output"

This is the full log:
https://gist.github.com/anonymous/8e4b0f91b6d4a264c8628f6c63f25114

any explanation about why the system python2 binary is being used? Any
suggestion about how to solve it?

Do you recommend a different approach to be able to load both python2 and
python3 modules together?

regards,
Pablo.

--