I'm looking at creating a config for GPAW-1.4.0 (with libvdwxc), and a user
requested us to also provide the data-sets.

GPAW's installation instructions basically asks users to take of this
normally, by running
$ gpaw install-data <dir>
but I think it makes sense to provide this data as well.

I see some alternatives:
1. Don't do anything and just leave it to users to do this themselves.
2. Add a post-install step that basically does
curl http://wordpress.org/latest.tar.gz | tar xvz
into a suitable directory
3. Create "Atomic-PAW-0.9.2-dummy.eb" that just contains the dataset. Maybe
add it as a dependency, or just provide it (but leaving the option for
users to pick another method, in case they need a different data-set for
some reason).

I'm tempted to do option 3, without any dependencies, and just let users
opt-in to use them when suitable. Win-win?

Best regards, Mikael