On 07/10/2018 09:59 AM, Alan O'Cais wrote:
> Ok, I got to build with a patch from the developers:
> https://github.com/easybuilders/easybuild-easyconfigs/pull/6568
> I'm checking with them if it'll also work with Flang.
> Maybe it's time for a full LLVM toolchain?

+1

This is probably also the opportunity to "straighten" things w.r.t.
LLVM.  There are some packages that use LLVM (e.g., Mesa) or could
use libclang in GCCcore (e.g., Doxygen) or in other toolchains
(e.g., Score-P).  Thus, we probably need something like 'LLVMcore'
that is "just a package" vs. 'LLVM' that is a toolchain bundle.
I already tried this in the past but ran into some issues for which
I couldn't find enough time to resolve...

Markus

> Flang works with an LLVM fork though so in both cases we probably
> want to do rpath installs so they don't step on each others toes.>
> Alan
>
> On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 at 13:27, Alan O'Cais <a.oc...@fz-juelich.de
> <mailto:a.oc...@fz-juelich.de>> wrote:
>
>     Have you tried to build polly and GPU support using the EB
>     easyblock? I get some test failures with Clang 6.0.0. For the build
>     you need:
>     ```
>     usepolly = True
>     configopts = '-DPOLLY_ENABLE_GPGPU_CODEGEN=ON'
>
>     # Build capability to target GPUs
>     build_targets = ['X86', 'NVPTX']
>     ```
>     and a CUDA dep (not sure if any of those are optional). It results
>     in 9 failing tests (at least with an underlying GCC/7.3.0)
>
>     Alan
>

>     On Thu, 5 Jul 2018 at 10:33, Jure Pečar <jurij.pe...@embl.de
>     <mailto:jurij.pe...@embl.de>> wrote:
>
>         On Mon, 19 Mar 2018 14:43:05 +0000
>         Joachim Hein <joachim.h...@math.lu.se
>         <mailto:joachim.h...@math.lu.se>> wrote:
>
>         > I am wondering how do we want to organise us in future?  Do we
>         want to continue with the goolfc idea or do we go for a “core”
>         cuda and cuDNN?  I feel this needs standardising soonish.
>
>         On this topic, does anyone have any opinions about making use of
>         Magma instead of standard blas in whatever "cuda" toolchain we
>         come up with?
>
>         Even further, is anyone willing to explore this magic:
>         http://spcl.inf.ethz.ch/Research/Parallel_Programming/Polly-ACC/
>         There was a talk at ISC claiming they achieve 60% of performance
>         on unmodified C code compared to manually ported OpenACC code.
>

>         --
>
>           Jurij Pečar
>           HPC Engineer, IT Operations, IT Services
>           EMBL Heidelberg, Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117, Heidelberg, Germany
>           Room 13-401
>

>     --
>     Dr. Alan O'Cais
>     E-CAM Software Manager
>     Juelich Supercomputing Centre
>     Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
>     52425 Juelich, Germany
>
>     Phone: +49 2461 61 5213
>     Fax: +49 2461 61 6656
>     E-mail: a.oc...@fz-juelich.de <mailto:a.oc...@fz-juelich.de>
>     WWW:    http://www.fz-juelich.de/ias/jsc/EN
>

> --
> Dr. Alan O'Cais
> E-CAM Software Manager
> Juelich Supercomputing Centre
> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich, Germany
>
> Phone: +49 2461 61 5213
> Fax: +49 2461 61 6656
> E-mail: a.oc...@fz-juelich.de <mailto:a.oc...@fz-juelich.de>
> WWW:    http://www.fz-juelich.de/ias/jsc/EN

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender),
> [...]

Dr. Markus Geimer
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH