All,

You don't even need an Lmod hook.  Just put something like

        hide-version foo/42.0

in a global rc file evaluated by Lmod (I believe it has to be TCL).
This can easily be done after the fact.  I'm using this for quite a
while now and it works like a charm.  See also

https://lmod.readthedocs.io/en/latest/040_FAQ.html?highlight=hide-version

Hth,
Markus

On 11/23/2018 10:44 AM, Alan O'Cais wrote:
> [...]
>     since, as far as I know, very few of our users look at the output of
>     'module list' anyway.
>
>     Cheers,
>
>     Loris
>
>     Sam Moors <sammo...@gmail.com <mailto:sammo...@gmail.com>> writes:
>
>     > Hi Loris,
>     >
>     > You can instruct EB to only rebuild the modules with the
>     '--module-only' option.
>     > I don't know about your second question though.
>     >
>     > That said, are you sure you want to hide the dependencies?
>
>     > I think it is useful for the users to know which deps are loaded, so
>     > they can avoid conflicts with other modules, even if it may look
>     > daunting to see 50+ modules loaded in some cases.
>     >
>     > Cheers,
>     > Sam
>     >
>     > On Fri, Nov 23, 2018 at 8:25 AM Loris Bennett
>     <loris.benn...@fu-berlin.de <mailto:loris.benn...@fu-berlin.de>> wrote:
>     >
>     >  Hi,
>     >
>     >  Now that I have installed a couple of packages with easybuild I
>     have a
>     >  surprising number of modules and realise that I should have been
>     using
>     >  --hide-deps. I have two questions about this:
>     >
>     >  1. Is there any way to retrospectively hide modules, other than
>     tweaking
>     >  the module files by hand, say, rebuilding the modules?
>     >  2. Can a set of modules be defined which will be hidden by default?
>     >
>     >  Cheers,
>     >
>     >  Loris
>     >
>     >  --
>     >  Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)
>     >  ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin Email loris.benn...@fu-berlin.de
>     <mailto:loris.benn...@fu-berlin.de>
>     >
>     >
>     --
>     Dr. Loris Bennett (Mr.)
>     ZEDAT, Freie Universität Berlin         Email
>     loris.benn...@fu-berlin.de <mailto:loris.benn...@fu-berlin.de>
>

> --
> Dr. Alan O'Cais
> E-CAM Software Manager
> Juelich Supercomputing Centre
> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich, Germany
>
> Phone: +49 2461 61 5213
> Fax: +49 2461 61 6656
> E-mail: a.oc...@fz-juelich.de <mailto:a.oc...@fz-juelich.de>
> WWW:    http://www.fz-juelich.de/ias/jsc/EN

> Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH
> 52425 Juelich
> Sitz der Gesellschaft: Juelich
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: MinDir Dr. Karl Eugen Huthmacher
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Wolfgang Marquardt (Vorsitzender),

Dr. Markus Geimer
Juelich Supercomputing Centre
Institute for Advanced Simulation
Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH