Hello,
Within my eb script (dummy toolchain) I have four sources where a certain
install order is necessary.
It installs fine.
But: If I apply a patch meant for source No. 3, the patch gets applied to
source No. 1 which fails (see relevant log entries at the end)
What can I do to make sure the patch is applied to the third source instead of
the first source?

---------[part of eb script]-----------------------------------------------
source_urls = [
    'https://somethingsomething.com/one/',
    'https://somethingsomething.com/two/',
    'https://somethingsomething.com/three/',
    'https://somethingsomething.com/four/',
]

sources = [
    'one-install.tar.gz',
    'two-setup.tar.gz',
    'three-something.tar.gz',
    'four-goodone.tar.gz',
]

patches = [
    'three-1.2.3_enhanced.patch',
]

By the way - using empty '' values for the patches list is not working.
Should I use dummy patches for the first two?

BTW - Here is the relevant part of the log:

----log--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can't determine patch level for patch /my/ebscripts/three-1.2.3_enhanced.patch
from directory

/my/modulebuildingroot/build/somethingsomething/1.2.3/dummy-dummy-myversionssuffix/one-install-1.2.3

 (at
my/modulebuildingroot/software/EasyBuild/3.5.3/lib/python2.7/site-packages/easybuild_framework-3.5.3-py2.7.egg/easybuild/tools/filetools.py:910
 in apply_patch)

Yeah, it's EasyBUild 3.5.3, but I do not think it's a bug, I think, it's either
my syntax or it doesn't work this way at all.

Of course, it complains about "patch level", but
   patches = [
       ('three-1.2.3_enhanced.patch', 1),
   ]
(reduced patch depth) even more clearly shows, that it cannot find the file to
patch in software source 1 instead of 3.

Best regards,
Wolfram