Dear list,

I wanted to create an EB file for EMU: http://www.popgen.dk/software/index.php/EMU

First of all, the EMU git repo doesn't provide a tag with the latest version, this is why I hardcoded the download path, maybe I can do that in a better way.

Second, to install the Python code, I should execute the following:

python setup.py build_ext --inplace

Is there an easyblock that can do that? I tried with a simple PythonPackage easyblock but it

doesn't work (no error, but the python files aren't there.)

This is my current EB file:

easyblock = 'PythonPackage'

name = 'EMU'
version = '0.66'
versionsuffix = '-Python-%(pyver)s'

homepage = 'http://www.popgen.dk/software/index.php/EMU'
description = """EMU infers population structure in the presence of missingness
and works for both haploid,
psuedo-haploid and diploid genotype datasets
"""

toolchain = {'name': 'foss', 'version': '2019b'}

source_urls = ['https://github.com']
sources = ['Rosemeis/emu/archive/a6148ec9edefee19df0fcb6dc0a8272b9e5c96bc.zip']

dependencies = [
    ('Python', '3.7.4'),
    ('SciPy-bundle', '2019.10', versionsuffix),
]

download_dep_fail = True
use_pip = False

options = {'modulename': False }