Hi Loris,

On 23/02/2021 13:42, Loris Bennett wrote:
Thanks for the information, John.

So there seem to be a number of solutions:

   1. Software author patches software
   2. EasyConfig author patches software
   3. EasyConfig author builds against pre-10 GCC

There's another option if you don't want to patch the code: you could add -fcommon to the compiler flags via the easyconfig file (but that's not recommended).

Would it be worthwhile having something in the EB docs about the issue
which would be useful for those involved in cases 1 and 2?

There's some excellent information on this at https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Gcc_10_porting_notes/fno_common .

regards,

Kenneth

Cheers,

Loris

John Dey <j...@fuzzdog.com> writes:

The default with GCC 10.2 is to compile with -fn-common which is causing many
issues with packages. In every case, I have encountered the software should be
patched.

https://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-10/porting_to.html

John Dey
j...@fuzzdog.com