why not use the fecal sampling device vets use to check for worms?
I do not know its name, but it is basically a little plastic scoopy
thing they shove in the dogs anus.
A similar device could easily be constructed. Are you trying to
visually analyze the feces or use radio labeling of the materials?
This could influence the method you use.

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Assistant Professor of Biology

Spring Teaching Schedule & Office Hours:
Genetics: W 6:00 to 9:40pm
Herpetology: TR 10:00-11:40am
Histology: MW 1:00-2:40pm
Seminar: T 2:30-3:30pm
Office Hours:
M: 3:30-5:00pm
T: 11:40-1:00pm; 3:30-5:00pm
W: 4:00-6:00pm

"We live in a time when lemonade is made with artificial flavoring,
and furnisher polish is made with fresh lemons."
-Alfred E. Neuman