>From a cooler northern perspective:

Many of us were as glued to the screen as Americans last evening.

I am just RELIEVED that the Bush years are almost behind (can you
minimize the rest of the damage he is trying to do before leaving?)

I believe it will be easier to advance real response to climate change
in the next years, world-wide. I don't underestimate the importance of
the US agenda to Canadian policies; we will have to keep up to any
progress to the south, even though our conservative government has been
trying to block progress on an international level. I am not sure this
will be possible without the moral support that was present from the
Bush administration.

I am elated. Maybe this was driven by personal economic reasons in some
large part (among other good reasons), but honestly, today I don't care.

All the best for the next years with Barak. We are watching with
fascination.

Alison