IT depends.  I have read some of RF Kennedy's stuff and he is being
toted as the
EPA or DOI chair.  I'm not sure if this is a good choice or not, but I
suspect it would be
an improvement over the past four presidencies.  Truthfully, I would
rather that the EPA
have a PHD environmental scientist placed in charge.  I think Kennedy
would have a
good environmental ethic for DOI, but not sure how his views on
research that are
dearly needed may be.  The DOI, especially USGS, has been overburdened with
internal peer review systems that really slows down their output.
THis is a shame, because
some of the best stuff is coming out of the biological resources
division of this agency.

Malcolm McCallum
Associate Professor
A&M-Texarkana

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Associate Professor of Biology

Summer Teaching Schedule & Office Hours:
Ecology: M,W 1-2:40 pm
Cell Biology: M 6-9:40 pm (don't ask!)
Forensic Science: T,R 10-11:40am
Office Hours:  MW 12-1, 5-6, TR 11:40-12:30,

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"   W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
        and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
        MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!