This can also go against you too!  I have interviewed at many schools
but have never been asked about education courses.  In fact, if one
was to take education courses, my sibling who teaches secondary
education recommend courses in classroom management,  testing and
grading methods, and maybe educational psychology.  He has a less
complimentary view of the remaining courses!  Again, I think these
might help one be an effective teacher, but I am not convinced that
most professors are going to even look for them on your
transcripts...however, you could mention it on your teaching
statement.  Education courses might be more important at schools where
many faculty conduct pedagogy research or have previously taught at
primary or secondary levels.  Also, small 'teaching' schools might
find these particularly attractive.  Larger mid-major and major
schools such as regional state university and research schools will
likely not care about these.  Also, if the school is a megaresearch
powerhouse such as an AAU school, it might go against you!

This is my perception, I have not collected or analyzed data on it, so
please, do your research before you take what I say as gospel!

Malcolm McCallum

--
Malcolm L. McCallum
Associate Professor of Biology

Fall Teaching Schedule & Office Hours:
Ecology: M,W 1-2:40 pm
Cell Biology: M 6-9:40 pm (don't ask!)
Forensic Science: T,R 10-11:40am
Office Hours:  MW 12-1, 5-6, TR 11:40-12:30,

1880's: "There's lots of good fish in the sea"   W.S. Gilbert
1990's:  Many fish stocks depleted due to overfishing, habitat loss,
        and pollution.
2000:  Marine reserves, ecosystem restoration, and pollution reduction
        MAY help restore populations.
2022: Soylent Green is People!

contain confidential and privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not