From: Ecological Society of America: grants, jobs, news
[mailto:ecolo...@listserv.umd.edu] On Behalf Of Mitch Cruzan
Sent: Friday, March 13, 2009 8:58 AM
To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] EdD vs PhD

Whether it sits right with you or not, it is true.  Not everybody has
the same intellectual ability, the same as we are not all able to be
Olympic athletes no matter how hard we work.  Otherwise, universities
would not require high scores on entrance exams for undergraduate study,
and we would not require our applicants to our PhD programs to perform
well on GREs.  This is not elitism, it is just a consequence of genetic
variation in human populations.