You are twisting my words.  I didn't say I wasn't taught, I said I
wasn't there to be taught.
And as for a book or an author teaching you, neither does.  As
inanimate objects they are there as a resource for a person to access
and learn from.  Learning is an active process done by the person
acquiring the knowledge.  Being taught is a passive acquisition of
knowledge.

In all settings, there has to be a willingness to learn on the part of
the student.  However, I did not say i wasn't taught,  I also did not
say that I don't teach in my classes. You are making leaps from what I
wrote.  I was taught many things at all levels of educations; however,
I did not come in with the attitude "teach me,"  nor should anyone
entering college.  You MUST take control of your own education and
give it direction. If you do not, it will be a disappointment.

Malcolm