To: <ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU>
Sent: segunda-feira, 10 de Maio de 2010 16:51
Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] Ecology Terminology and associated phenomena Colonizing species etc

In our conversation, Matthew Chew argued that the distinction between native
and exotic species is ecologically meaningless.  A species does not have
higher fitness because it is dispersed by humans instead of other agents.
Most species dispersed by humans fail utterly in the new environment to
which they were dispersed.  Very few species are evolutionarily specialized
for human-mediated dispersal ...