Science is based on fact.
Religion is based on faith.
They don't mix.

To illustrate. Let's say you have a deadly bacterial infection. Science, (based
on fact) shows that the use of a wide spectrum antibiotic will take care of the
infection. Religion (based on faith) tells you to pray to your god.
Then, choose which path you take.

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
http://independent.academia.edu/SarahFriasTorres