On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:41 AM, Manuel Spínola <mspinol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I think there is a confusion about hypothesis testing that Jane was
> referring to in the original post.  We are moving away from her questions.

Well, I was asking about both types of hypothesis testing. They're
different things but strongly reinforce each other.

Best,
Jane

--
Jane Shevtsov

"In the long run, education intended to produce a molecular
geneticist, a systems ecologist, or an immunologist is inferior, both
for the individual and for society, than that intended to produce a
broadly educated person who has also written a dissertation." --John
Janovy, Jr., "On Becoming a Biologist"