The bottom line is that a degree in biology will provide you with the best training and the broadest base from which to advance your career. Specializing too early (environmental science or wildlife biology) will limit your options. I suggest you stick with biology - hopefully in a program that is strong in ecology. This is a mistake that many students make because they cannot see how the basic science they are learning can be applied to topics that are relevant to applications in the real world. This is your challenge - some professors will help you with it but many will not. Yes, some day you will discover that even the chemistry and physics courses that might be required for your bio degree are useful as they deepen and broaden your understanding of science and nature in general. Be a biologist first, and then focus on the more specialized fields later - you will never regret it.
Mitch Cruzan