I must say it has certainly been interesting to catch up on this thread 
after being out of the office for a week on vacation.  I do want to add two 
things.  First, I find it odd that the proposed X12 revenue model is 
published on the WPC web site (as opposed to the X12 web site), and will be 
looking into that.  Also, at this point it is still very much a *proposed* 
model.  If anyone has any great ideas about balancing X12 revenues and 
expenses that aren't reflected in this model, please send them to me off-list.

Second, Mr. Werheimer, I'm throwing down the gauntlet - put up or shut 
up.  It's very easy to sit outside and criticize the way others run an 
organization.  But, I don't see you or your company listed as members of 
X12, even though it appears that a substantial portion of your company's 
business is built on use of the X12 standards.   At the very least, you 
could support these standards through relatively modest company dues.  Even 
better, you could contribute time.  When you have demonstrated your 
commitment thusly I think you might find others to be more sympathetic to 
your complaints.  You can find a membership form at:

https://warlock.disa.org/apps/memberservices/x12/X12MembershipSection1.cfm

Cheers,

Mike
Chair, X12 Communications and Controls Subcommittee (but speaking only for 
myself)

---------------------------------------------------------------
Michael C. Rawlins, Rawlins EC Consulting
www.rawlinsecconsulting.com
Using XML with Legacy Business Applications (Addison-Wesley, 2003)
www.awprofessional.com/titles/0321154940



------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor --------------------~--> 
$9.95 domain names from Yahoo!. Register anything.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/OIFolB/TM
--------------------------------------------------------------------~-> 

.  
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, <JOBS>, 
<LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Access the list online at:  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L
 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 



Reply via email to