>> >God forbid the ASN is ready and you ship short..
>>
>> Am I missing something here? I have never developed a system where the
>> ASN is 'prepared' BEFORE the order was picked and packed.
>
> In the clothing industry some POs have multiple pre-pack lines which have
> to be
> consolidated to match a pre-packed carton from China. This would be very
> time
> consuming to scan & pack, especially if the boxes are already packed and
> sealed.
Ok, I see: when you always ship in standard packs and you tend to have
finished goods prepacked it's not all bad.
I'll keep that in mind... old dog+ new trick=yes.
MCM
...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>,
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/