I would have to agree with Michael that I have never seen a system where the 
ASN was prepared in advance before the shipment.

But I have seen times in the automotive sector when dealing with "Milkrun" 
trucks that you wished you had one already to go.

I had one customer that their milkrun truck could make the ODC center in less 
than 10 min when they left our shipping dock.  Before I could get the Bill of 
Lading posted and the ASN created the truck had already hit the truck yard and 
we were considered late in sending our ASN.  And we were charged points for the 
late ASN.

Once I got everyone educated on what was going on we made sure that the driver 
did not pull away from the loading dock until the paperwork was already on its 
way to the office.  It was the only way to get the ASN processed and on it's 
way before the truck arrived at yard and the contents of the trailer were 
considered received and we were processed without an ASN on file.

John
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Michael Mattias/LS 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2007 10:07 AM
  Subject: Re: [EDI-L] Re: Reducing/eliminating our EDI VAN -AS2 Certification


  1/30/07

  >God forbid the ASN is ready and you ship short..

  Am I missing something here? I have never developed a system where the 
  ASN is 'prepared' BEFORE the order was picked and packed.

  ???

  Michael C. Mattias
  Tal Systems Inc.
  Racine WI
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]



   

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]



...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>, 
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>

Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS 
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix. 
Yahoo! Groups Links

<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
    (Yahoo! ID required)

<*> To change settings via email:
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
 

Reply via email to