On 08/11/15 17:31, Smith, Jonathan D wrote:
> As mentioned, It's one large commit onto EDK2 as AcpicaPkg. It has
> only two lines of changes to the ACPICA code, and the intent was to
> get those two lines rolled into ACPICA if possible. I propose that
> this get pulled into AppPkg since the code is modelled after those
> apps. My approach was to port Acpidump as a standard-lib-consuming
> shell application. I don't know any of the licensing details....

I thought of AppPkg/Applications, but I didn't recommend it because
AppPkg/ReadMe.txt says

AppPkg   This package contains applications which demonstrate use of the
         Standard C and Sockets Libraries.
         These applications reside in AppPkg/Applications.

AcpiDump is a production app, not a demo one. If that's okay for AppPkg,
then it should only take an update to AppPkg/ReadMe.txt.

Thanks!
Laszlo